The annual ISMIR (International Society for Music Information Retrieval) Conference is the world’s leading R&D forum for music tech since 2000.
For the first time, the 2018 edition in Paris will include a Meetup with Industry, organized by Antescofo with support from Deezer and Pandora. Whether you are music tech company, a researcher, or a music industry practitioner, this event is for you. This will be a unique networking platform, and a perfect opportunity to:
- Discover and shape the future of music technology
- Connect with and recruit top talent from the MIR community
- Meet world-class experts and explore the current state-of-the-art in music tech. applications
- Connect with and learn from leading music tech. companies
- Discover music startups leveraging latest technologies in a variety of music applications
- Exchange with other players and startups in the music industry
- Showcase and market latest products and services
Half-day event with networking activities and Industry talks (Full program available soon...)
Thursday September 27, 2018, from 2PM to 6PM
at Station F, the biggest startup campus in the world, in the heart of Paris
Confirmed company presence
- FeedForward AI
- Live Nation
- Native Instruments
- Reed Smith LLP
- Warner Music Group
- And counting...
Speakers (tentatively confirmed):
- Yvan Boudillet, Founder & President, TheLynk
- Doug Eck, Principal Scientist at Google, Research Lead at Google Brain
- Andreas Ehmann, Manager of Research, Pandora
- Sarah Gasperi, Business Manager France, BMAT
- Sophie Goossens, Counsel, Reed Smith LLP
- Angelo Gopee, Managing Director, Live Nation France
- Stéphanie Hospital, Founder and CEO, OneRagtime
- Eric Humphrey, Senior Machine Learning Researcher, Spotify
- Ludovic Pouilly, SVP Institutional & Music Industry Relations, Deezer
- Tiago Teixeira Correia, Global Digital Business Development Manager - Innovation, Warner Music Group
Want your company to be seen there?:
It is possible for music tech. companies to have a dedicated space in the networking area for the 4 hours of the meetup, and display their own banner/kakemono/poster. Interested companies should email email@example.com with:
- A short description of your company
- A few lines explaining the interest of the company in participating
- Short CV(s) of the company affiliate(s) coming to the meetup
- Specify whether you plan to bring a demo (in case you do, please also bring your own headphones, speakers won’t be allowed), and a banner/kakemono/poster (in which case the item must be self-standing)
The deadline for this call is July 18th 2018. (Notifications of acceptance will happen soon after.)
Note that there will be a limit on the number of possible spots because of space reasons. So the earlier you answer the call, the better your chances are.
Selected companies will be asked to pay a participation fee of 150 EUR (which covers up to 2 people from a given company). (Companies registrations will follow the selection of respondents to this call.)
- Registered participants to the ISMIR conference will be granted automatic access to the meetup.
- Industry partners of ISMIR 2018 will be granted automatic access to the meetup.
- Startups located at Station F will be granted automatic access to the meetup
- Registration is open to individuals (industry affiliate and/or general public) for a fee of 50 EUR per person: https://ismir2018.dakini-pco.com/
- Music tech. companies that have been selected in the call-for-participation will be contacted for registration, the fee is 150 EUR
Do You Want More?!!!??!
Companies who wish to participate even further in the ISMIR conference, and during a whole week interact with the international community of MIR researchers and practitioners, dive deep into state-of-the-art MIR R&D, and take advantage of diverse partnership opportunities should consult the call-for-sponsorship.